Updated: Aug 18
Hello Beloved, Are you sad and depressed? Do you have moments feeling like you don’t want to live? Many people are unaware the purpose of God’s love is to transform your mental and emotional health. Jesus revealed His purpose in Luke 4.18. “The spirit of the Lord is upon Me because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted. To proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind. To set free those who are oppressed. To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” Jesus read the passage from Isaiah chapter 61.1,2. The rest of the passage reveals more of His purpose and assignment:
· to comfort all who mourn to give them beauty for ashes.
· The oil of joy for mourning.
· The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. That they may be called trees of righteousness. The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.
To mourn is to have deep sorrow. The spirit of heaviness is feeling a heavy weight inside you, a magnitude of sadness. This scripture speaks of those who suffer depression. You try to move forward, but something pulls you back into a deep dark hole. You feel stuck. You have guilt and shame. Poor choices are motivated by lack of self love. Isaiah 61 describes the people who Jesus came to heal, comfort and deliver. These people suffer the following symptoms: • Hopelessness/despair/dejection • Excessive mourning/grieving over a loss • Depression, suicidal thoughts, emptiness • Difficulty in functioning/excessive fatigue • Withdrawal/isolation • • Broken heart/inner hurts • Self-pity, sadness, weariness, oppression • Change in eating/sleeping • Feelings of unworthiness/guilt • No desire to set goals/make plans If you suffering with these symptoms, Jesus came just for you. He came to give you a garment of praise for depression (mourning, the spirit of heaviness.) When you made Jesus as Lord of your life, you received His Holy Spirit. He dwells in you. Did you know the oil of joy dwells in you? Holy Spirit is a full package deal. Its like having a luxury car with the all the bells and whistles. Do you need joy? Its in you. Do you need peace, comfort, healing and freedom? Its in you. God, your creator found you worthy of His love and His gifts. Do you need rest? Jesus said…
Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11.28. Application: How do you come to Him?
1. Humble yourself in His presence. 1Peter.5,6. Take a deep breath. Close your eyes and allow yourself to drop down into your spirit
2. Feel the pain and Identify where it is in your body. Identify the person or situation the pain is attached to. The Lord will show you.
3. Allow the feeling to intensify. And place your hand on the location of your body where the pain is
4. Take another deep breath and as you exhale, allow Holy Spirit who is inside to come to the place of pain.
5. Release it to Jesus. Saying, Father, I release all my pain to you. I give it all to you now Father. I cast all my cares to you. I forgive_____ for ______. I place______ in your hands. Father, thank you for loving and caring for me.
6. As you feel Jesus dissolving and healing you and healing you, worship Him. Thank Him!
7. If you need healing today, please reach out to me through my website, LydiaRugh.com and schedule a free prayer session.