Hello Beloved, Do you sometimes feel unloved? Do you ever wonder if true love exists? Many believers don’t feel loved because they may not recognize what true love looks and feels like. The ultimate joy of salvation for the believer is experiencing God’s love in relationship. It is through the language of love that makes this relationship real. Gary Chapman, the author of “The 5 love Languages…” describes 5 languages that love is mostly expressed.
What you desire from another human being, God desires from you. Let’s briefly explore how your Father, God expresses His love towards you.
1. Physical Touch- We used to sing a song in the 70’s, Something got a hold of me. It described the supernatural experience of being touched by the Hand of God. The most amazing benefit is you can experience His touch anywhere at any time. There is a term called quickening in the bible and is used in many charismatic churches. It means to make alive or revive from sickness, discouragement, faintness or death. The Greek definition is to make alive, by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate. to be ended with new and greater powers of life. There are many ministries that have no knowledge or lack understanding of the word. They will mock and tease other ministries that allow dancing and other physical expressions and deem it as emotionalism, however, it is very real. It is this touch of God that can prevent and eliminate depression, anxiety and stress from your life. I thank God for power of the Holy Ghost. You, Beloved have unlimited access to it. Quickening will move you to tears, you will feel an overflow of love and joy throughout your entire body.
Romans 8.11.But if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his spirit that dwells in you.
Psalms 143.11 Quicken me, O Lord, for your name’s sake. For your righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
Another way you will feel God's physical touch is by a gentle touch or nudge- There are times you may feel a gentle touch or nudge when he is leading you to do something. You can feel His nudge urging you to calm down and restrain. It's God's way of preserving you.
2. Quality Time.- God loves spending time with you. He desires you to dwell and remain in His presence. You can spend time with him in prayer, fellowship, and worship.
Psalms 16.11. You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
Psalm 91.1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
John 15.5 He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
3. Words of Affirmation Words of affirmation are words that communicate your love, appreciation. Read the scripture and embrace God’s love towards you through Words that uplift, compliment and encourage you.
Jeremiah 3.3 I have loved you with an everlasting love. With lovingkindness I have drawn you.
Isaiah 43.1 “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine”
John 15.9.“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love”
4. Gifts- The ultimate gift we have is the gift of Holy Spirit. I cannot imagine what my life would be without Him. With the Holy Spirit you have:
· Power and authority- Acts 1.8 ,
· Gift of peace- John 14.26-27. Teacher and Comforter.
· John 14.16-18. In this gift you have a Helper, comforter, constant companion that conquers abandonment, a teacher, Spirit of Truth, and the gift of peace.
5. Acts of Kindness- God expresses through people and circumstances. Compliments, unexpected surprises, inspiring text messages, finding something you lost, random acts of kindness. He sacrificed his son to save us.. John 3.16. His loving Kindness is better than life. Psalm 63.3
Call to Action:
Open your heart to the Lord and think of God’s goodness to you.
Look over each love language and ponder on the many ways He expressed His love to you.
Write these moments down in your journal
Reciprocate this love toward Him. Be thankful, worship and praise Him
Express joy and love in your actions throughout the day towards others